DB&B Update: NFP Organizations Invited to Apply for Health Equity Awards of up to $30,000 Each
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) has announced new Health Equity Awards will be available to help fund health and wellness programs that address racial and ethnic health disparities in Upstate New York. Nonprofit organizations in Upstate New York are invited to apply for Health Equity Awards of up to $30,000 each. The application period opened on August 17 and will close at midnight on September 17.
According to Excellus BCBS, the Heath Equity Awards Criteria and Application Requirements are the following:
Proposals must include clear, defined goals for reducing health disparities and improving health equity in communities of color, especially within Black and Latino communities, where historic and current racism and discrimination continues to result in a higher burden of health inequities and social disadvantages. Organizations will need to specify how funding will measurably assist in improving racial and ethnic health equity outcomes. Categories include, but are not limited to:
- Improving the community’s physical health and mental health
- Reducing social disparities in health care
- Ensuring access to healthcare
- Applicant must be a nonprofit organization located in our health plan region
- Application must be received on or before midnight of September 17, 2021
- The majority of constituents served by the program must be from Black, Indigenous, Hispanic, Asian and/or other communities of color
- Excellus BCBS will follow up with recipient organizations six months after funding is received to understand impact and use of funds
- Excellus BCBS does not fund political activities and/or capital campaigns
The online application is available at www.excellusbcbs.com/community (scroll to NEW! Health Equity Awards and click Submit Application). If you have any questions, please contact your advisor at Dermody, Burke & Brown.
The information reflected in this article was current at the time of publication. This article will not be modified or updated.